Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post Week 11-Interview

The following is an interview by yours truly asking an up and coming author, Cody Davey about his new children's story which can be read here. (If he did it)
Q: How old were you when you first started writing?
A: I first started writing at the prime age of 17.

  • Ahh, such a young, innocent age.

Q:What influenced your writing?
A: What  really influenced my writing was the support of my classmates and the people I had behind me. I could not have done it without them.

  • Im glad I could help with your creation.

Q: Why did you start writing?
A: Well you see, I was given an assignment and I really did not want to fail, so I figured I should do it.

  • Sounds like a good reason to me!

Q: What is your story about?
A: It is about a young rooster who gets called to war, and on his return to life on the farm he has to deal with his normal everyday life again.

Q: How did you come up with this story?
A: I brainstormed a few ideas and once I narrowed it down to this one, snowball effect; I kept rolling with it until it got bigger and better.

Q: What conflicts does your character face?
A: He goes to war, and when he returns home he has to deal with all of the animals not knowing what he went through.

Q: While writing your story, what problems did you encounter?
A: I lacked some motivation to get going and the intelligence to develop the characters well.
  • Amen to that!

Q: How did you overcome these problems?
A: Hmm, I haven’t quite done that yet. I’ll get back to you on that one.
  • I look forward to hearing it.

Q: What is one symbol of your story?
A: The rooster represents a Vietnam veteran soldier.

Q: Did you use other works to base your story on?
A: Yes, I used Rambo and the story Animal Farm.

Q: Who would you recommend to read your story?
A: Errrbody!
  • I like the attitude.

Q: Who is your favorite character?
A: Rooster. He’s a champ!

Q: What is the title of your book?
A: A Rooster’s Call to War
  • Makes sense...

Q: Is there foreshadowing?
A: There will be, sure.

Q: What kind of metaphors or similes do you use?
A: The good kinds.
  • Those are the best kinds!

Q: How many pages is your story?
A: TBD

Q: Are there a lot of visuals to your story?
A: Yes, it’s a children’s book, duhh.
  • Silly me...

Q: Did you enjoy writing this book?
A: Not really. I felt like it was not too much fun and a lot of unnecessary work and pressure.

Q: Were you pressured by the deadlines issued to this assignment?
A: Oh Yeah! There was not enough time to complete my masterpiece.
  • Mhm, I heard that.
ME: Well Cody, it was great talking with you about your upcoming children's story and I look forward to speaking with you again in the near future. Goodbye.
CODY: Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment